We are Hiring
Internal and External Job AdvertisementRoyal Heritage Health Foundation (RHHF) is an indigenous Civil Society Organization, a Non-governmental and Non-Profit Organization accredited to complement the mandate of Nigerian governments for a just and equitable society by fighting poverty, defeating inequality, and achieving social justice in all aspects of human development.
RHHF activities focus on promoting the quality of life of Women, Children and Youth through Quality Education, Infrastructure, Health, Secure Livelihood and Humanitarian Services in Africa.
RHHF is an implementing partner to the host of International and National Organizations such as United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA), International Medical Corps (IMC), UN Women, International Rescue Committee, International Organization for Migration (IOM), Society for Family Health (SFH) and others working in Nigeria and the Gambia.
JOB TITLE: COMMUNICATION OFFICER
LOCATION: ILORN HEADQUARTER
APPLICATION DEADLINE: FRIDAY, 17TH FEBRUARY 2023
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: FULL TIME
Communication Officer Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Participate in communication activities and events of the organization, project and partners.
- Coordinate regular update of Organization’s social media platforms.
- Participate in developing and evaluating feasibility, efficiency and quality of information, Education and Communication (IEC) materials.
- Direct Publications, Quarterly Newsletter, Annual Report and Website.
- Work closely with leaders and executives to develop and strengthen employee engagement activities.
- Represent RHHF at events, conferences, trainings / Workshops and awards.
- Develop key promotional messages in consultation with the project team.
- Assist in conducting awareness raising campaigns, events, information dissemination workshops, etc for target groups.
- Undertake periodic field visits to monitor programme implementation and liaise closely with target groups.
- Participate in donor visits for showcasing project progress and achievements.
- Support in dissemination of communication materials to relevant stakeholders.
- Draft case studies and relevant project documents and suggest recommendations on varied issues.
- Maintain documentation management system (Hard copy and online).
- Evaluate and review opportunities to improve RHHF communication activities to ensure target audiences are being effectively reached.
- Respond to media inquiries.
- Perform other duties assign to you within the scope of your ability and capability.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Passion for communications and the internet.
- Knowledge of and experience with media production, social media management, communication & tech, and dissemination techniques and methods.
- Excellent communication skill in English or any other local languages (Yoruba, Hausa) will be an asset.
- Excellent written skills, editorial ability and pleasant personality.
- Proficient in use of computer applications related to the tasks.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team and to sometimes meet tight deadlines in a dynamic and fast paced work environment.
- Ability to communicate with people outside the organization, representing the organization to target the public, government, and other external sources.
- Ability to create new ideas, relationships, systems including creative contributions.
Qualifications and requirements:
- University degree in IT/ Communications, English Journalism, Law, Public Relations or related field.
- A minimum of at least 2 years of professional experience in designing, social media management and executing communication activities with IT firms, local NGOs, INGOs and Government bodies.
METHOD OF APPLICATION:
Interested and Qualified candidates should send Applications together with detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) to: email@example.com (with position as the subject) not later than Friday, 17th February 2023.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for written test and oral interview.